1. Are you being paid by, or volunteering your time to, an organization other than the Smithsonian Institution (SI)?
Proceed to question #2
- If you have an official registered affiliation with the SI, you may be considered a RESEARCH ASSOCIATE.
- If you are working directly with SI scientists on a project, or working independently at an SI facility, you may be considered a VISITING DIVER.
- If you are none of the above, contact the appropriate SI Diving Officer.
- If you are not receiving official pay for your time while performing diving activities for SI, you must be registered as an SI Volunteer or Intern. See VOLUNTEER or INTERNSHIP for more information.
- If you are volunteering with another organization and diving at SI facilities, you will be diving at SI as a RECIPROCITY DIVER.