Research Associate

Scientists who are from other organizations and are conducting research in collaboration with the Smithsonian Institution (SI) as a Research Associate, are required to receive diving AUTHORIZATION from the Scientific Diving Program (SDP) to dive for this research. Research Associates are considered VISITING DIVERS and dive under their home institutions auspices as a RECIPROCITY DIVER

Diver Authorization

1. Do you qualify to dive with SDP?  See SDP MINIMUM DIVING STANDARDS

2. Do you have an SI Sponsor?  All Research Associates must have an SI Sponsor. 

3. Are you officially registered as a Research Associate?  This is required before your dive application can be processed.